Sunday, March 21, 2010

Man, why is March always so crazy?

This semester is flying by. This week I get to present my research on Arts and Culture during the Undergraduate Symposium. I've been working on it day and night the past few weeks. I actually made a huge countdown list for my wall, here it goes:

2 Weeks until Easter
4 Weeks until the end of the semester
8 Weeks until Europe
(Disney is just 4 weeks after I get back!)

I am so excited for the Disney College Program, I booked my plane ticket within the hour I found out about my acceptance. I leave on August 9th, and I'll be working in Attractions. I put in a request for The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Show in Hollywood studios. Next to Lights, Motors Actions it's my favorite show. I feel like if I worked Lights, Motors, Action I would probably kill myself trying to replicate their stunts. But no matter what I'm assigned to I'm sure I'll love it.

I am also applying for a Winter Disney Professional Internship. So after I finish my Fall program August-January, I would be promoted to new role (Disney calls all of its employee's "cast members", and each job is considered to be a "role")hopefully in Event Planning or Theatre (Jan-June). By next spring I will also have enough credits to graduate so I will be ready for a full time job. My ultimate goal is to plan special events at Disney, so VIP receptions, fundraisers or weddings. Or to work any role at the new resort opening Fall 2011 in Hawaii ;)

Lol, my brain really does operate completely through time lines. But if I don't have something to look forward to or work towards it's hard for me to stay on track with things that are happening in the present and I get really anxious. And I'm a pretty busy girl so it's really important for me. I've been working 2 jobs all year plus some babysitting on weekends. College is expensive. Once I'm not paying rent I'll have a change to actually save something. I've also become a representative for Mark products. The link to my online boutique is below, there's even a coupon for free shipping, check it out!

http://abeck.mymarkstore.com

And for my CP friends, I need you advice! I really want to get a scooter, do you think this would be a good means of transportantion in FL?



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment